[rhn-users] Nessus require openssl-0.9.7d

JHZhang at mdanderson.org JHZhang at mdanderson.org
Fri Jun 1 16:09:47 UTC 2007

Our Enterprise level security agent will shut our host down if we don't
upgrade the openssl version. The current version on this ES4 is 0.9.7a.
When I do a
up2date -i openssl
it says that the package is already updated.
I downloaded a newer version of rpm, tried to update by "rpm -Uhv
openssl-0.9.7f-7.x86_64.rpm",
a long list come up says that the libssl.so.4 is needed by various kinds of
applications. I'm hoping I don't have to download all those newer versioned
applications to manually update them together with openssl.

Can somebody help me?

Jun H. Zhang
Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics
MD Anderson Cancer Center