[rhn-users] CLI Update

David Thornton dthornton at star.net.uk
Wed Jun 20 07:30:04 UTC 2007

http://www.star.net.uk

Why not schedule the updates via rhn?

David

David Thornton

dthornton at star.net.uk
T: 0871 641 2492
M: 07917 008738
F: 01285 884491
www.star.net.uk

Star - Technology at your command

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Jim Lyle
Sent: 19 June 2007 17:57
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] CLI Update

Hello all,
  I am trying to put together a script that will go out and update my
servers.  The intention is to put it in cron, giving myself adequate
leeway after testing of course :)  I am subscribed to rhel-i386-es-4.
I don't need assistance with the script, but rather the specific
command.

I see a ton of options for up2date, but all I want to do is update
packages that are currently on the system.

I see the following options for up2date, but neither quite fits:

-i or --install wants a specific package name --installall *appears* to
want to install *all* packages in that channel.

Any suggestions?  Yes, I could do it on the webpage, but currently do
not have management entitlements, so would have do do each system
individually and that would be a very very very last step.

Thank you for your time!!
-Jim

--
"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself;  and
if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you."