[rhn-users] FW: How to maintain RedHat Server that cann otbeconnected to Internet

Monlong Pierre pierre.monlong at cnes.fr
Thu Jun 28 20:20:51 UTC 2007

Until now we have downloaded updates trough the Web Interface of rhn (we can create tar archive with up to 25 rpms).

The problem is that, if I don't want to download again previously installed rpms as I can't update the package list of my servers,  I need to sort manual wich updates have been previously installed from wich have not been installed ! It's too long ! I have to sort about 280 rpms for one server!

On the rhn faqs or docs, it seems that if the server is not connected, there is no solution (except perhaps with satellite server but this solution is not acceptable according to our secpolicy).

Thus the function that permit to download  tar archive with 25 rpms doesn't work since 2 weeks (server internal error), and I have no answer about this pb from Redhat form https://rhn.redhat.com/help/contact.pxt.

Perhaps the solution is to change of distro.