[rhn-users] Red Hat Network Satellite 4.2.0 Notice

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 16:56:48 UTC 2007

Hi there,
I had previously replied to a similar question. The upgrade process for
RHN Proxy is outlined within the following knowledge base article:

How do I upgrade my Red Hat Network (RHN) Proxy to the latest version?
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_48_8542.shtm

More comments below.

Cliff.

Gregg Phillips wrote:
> Given the announcement below, we would like to upgrade our RHN Proxy
> server from 4.0 to 4.2. What is the process to do this? Does it require
> a complete reinstall or is it as simple as modifying the channel
> subscription and running up2date on the proxy server?
Reinstall, see link.
> We are also
> running the proxy server over SSL. Will this upgrade require us to
> generate new certs?
Should not, no.

--
Clifford Perry