[rhn-users] Red Hat Network Satellite 4.2.0 Notice

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 18:21:55 UTC 2007

Gregg Phillips wrote:
> Yes, I did look at this document as I processed through the thread.
> However, it appears to be concerned with upgrading from 3.X to 4.X. My
> question has to do with upgrading from 4.0 to 4.2 a minor revision
> update. The kbase doc listed below talks about upgrading OSes and SSL to
> 4.X standards and since I am already there is there a need to redo these
> steps or can I just change to the most recent channel, 4.2, and run up2date?

Reviewing the article I do see how it is not clear in this respect (and
have already asked a member of my team to review and update the article
on this). A 4.0 -> 4.2 RHN Proxy change is still considered a major
upgrade, and cannot just flip channels and run up2date -u on it. The
process is as outlined within the kbase article - backup, reinstall,
install 4.2, restore.

Regards,
Cliff

--