[rhn-users] Re: Checking status of updates

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Mon Mar 12 19:19:49 UTC 2007

> I have an Enterprise AS v4 installation that's about a year old that I
> am trying to update for the first time. I've queued up ~600 updates that
> now show status 'in progress' but I don't see anything that looks like
> progress to me. Is there any way to check what's actually going on?

Look in /var/spool/up2date
Do an ls -lart and see what the time stamps are on the last files in the
list, then do a new ls -lart and see if the size of the files is changing.

If the answer is yes then it is still downloading.
If the answer is no, then the download has probably failed and the
up2date process could be hung.

Try to cancel the download and instead of using the GUI, open a terminal
and as root try "up2date -u"