[rhn-users] RHN & Satellite 108 Community

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed May 23 19:33:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm very happy to announce the release of the Red Hat Network &
Satellite community on 108.redhat.com:

https://rhn-satellite.108.redhat.com/

The purpose of this community is to serve as a central place where RHN
and Satellite users can connect with each other, share and work on
scripts and tools to make the most out of RHN & Satellite, and to share
articles and guides on getting things done with these products.

Highlights include:

* links to all RHN and Satellite-related mailing lists with RSS feeds
from each prominently displayed on all pages

* pointers to IRC channels, #rhn and #rhn-satellite, on irc.freenode.net
where users can connect with each other and with RHN/Satellite developers

* a wiki where community members can share how-tos and help documents on
how they use RHN/Satellite

* a subversion repository where community members may share scripts and
tools to be used with the products.

I invite anyone interested in this community to visit this new site and
join the community! We've already uploaded some sample scripts into svn
for a good start, and we've love any contributions you'd like to make
(information on becoming a contributor is available on the site.) Any
ideas you have for improving the community are also quite welcome!

Thanks,
~m

---
Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>