[rhn-users] Package fails after re-upload to custom channel

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 11:24:44 UTC 2007

Cristian Silva wrote:
> 1. upload an unsigned mypackage.rpm to my software channel
> 2. yum install mypackage fails due to the gpg key
> 2. delete it from my software channel
> 3. wait a few minutes
> 4. upload a signed version of mypackage.rpm
> 5. yum install mypackage fails with the "getpackage" error.
>
> i tried restarting squid / clearing squid cache / yum clean all  , but
> it fails anyway
>
> Im using rhn 5.0.1

The package in channel is identified by name and e-v-r. So if you upload
  again (even if previously delete) package with the same name, epoch,
version and release. Proxy think it is same content and do not change it
attributes - mainly header_start and header_end. I find this several
weeks ago.
I consider it as feature. But I understand you can see it as bug. In
that case feel free to fill in bug report.
The right way for now is - if you change content of package, bump up
release version.
--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat