R: [rhn-users] RHEL3 => RHEL 5 - failover/clustering?

Edoardo Causarano Edoardo.Causarano at laitspa.it
Mon Oct 8 23:08:13 UTC 2007

Those are sweet machines! Anyway, RH subscription service allows you to install whatever version you wish until the contract expires. That's rather sensible and a good incetive to abandon legacy systems, lessening support costs from RH's perspective. The customer, on the other hand, can get the latest updates on kernel and system stuff and that is really good news, especially if migrating from AS3.

I'm pretty sure a RH5 migrarion would get you the whole cluster, gfs and XEN package, but you should wait for someone else to confirm that. Of course you must plan adapting your production software to the new package versions milestoned in the AS release.

Ciao,