[rhn-users] perl modules on RH ES v4 ...

Aric Morgan amorgan at rackspace.com
Mon Sep 10 12:12:35 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com <rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com>
To: rhn-users at redhat.com <rhn-users at redhat.com>
Sent: Sun Sep 09 23:29:27 2007
Subject: [rhn-users] perl modules on RH ES v4 ...

Hi All,
 I have been trying to install Test::Simple Module (perl) on my
RedHat ES v4 (x86_64),
There is no rpm for this perl's module, and when I ran
cpan command (or perl -MCPAN -e shell), I got the following
error:

t/overload_threads........ok
        1/5 skipped: various reasons
t/plan....................ok
t/plan_bad................ok
t/plan_is_noplan..........ok
t/plan_no_plan............ok
        1/6 skipped: various reasons
t/plan_shouldnt_import....ok
t/plan_skip_all...........skipped
        all skipped: Just testing plan & skip_all
t/pod-coverage............skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod::Coverage 1.08 required for testing POD
coverage
t/pod.....................skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod 1.00 required for testing POD
..
..
t/undef...................ok
t/use_ok..................ok
t/useing..................ok
Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/sort_bug.t    0    11     2    4  1-2
4 tests and 10 subtests skipped.
Failed 1/66 test scripts. 2/491 subtests failed.
Files=66, Tests=491,  3 wallclock secs ( 1.90 cusr +  0.58 csys =  2.48 CPU)
Failed 1/66 test programs. 2/491 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.70.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Failed during this command:
 MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.70.tar.gz             : make_test NO

Well, I have been trying to install Test::Pod and Test::Pod::Coverage too,
without any success (same errors..)  ... (really I have tried a lot of
perl modules ... and always the same ...

We bought a Dell servant the last week and came
with RedHat ES v4, and it has been really difficult to install
everything what we needed (SpamAssassin, Razor2, etc etc)

I'm a new RedHat User ... may be this is the real problem ... :)

Any Hint ?
Any Idea ?

Rodrigo
DGF, U. de Chile

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.