[rhn-users] Provisioning from a RH Proxy server

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Mon Sep 10 16:12:26 UTC 2007

 Can new servers be provisioned from RH Proxy like they can from
Satellite? We are going to set up Proxy for some remote locations to
feed from our Satellite server and I was wondering if we'll be able to
do remote installs off of those Proxy servers. We usually point to the
distro location on the Satellite server with a kickstart file (Ex. "url
-url

http://satserver.fqdn/kickstart/dist/ks-rhel-i386-es-4-u5
<http://satserver.fqdn/kickstart/dist/ks-rhel-i386-es-4-u5> ") and pull
the pkgs straight from there, but I'm not sure if this possible with
Proxy.

Thanks,

Frank

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above CSX
email address.  Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.