[rhn-users] Satellite 5.1 Multi-Org Whitepaper Now Available

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 16:41:55 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

The Satellite team has written a new whitepaper to cover best practices
for using the new multiple organization support feature in Satellite
5.1. We've outlined how we intended for the feature to be used in a
task-oriented manner with recommendations and explanations of the
reasons behind the recommendations. We've also included a section
entitled 'Pitfalls to Watch Out For' which is essentially a
troubleshooting guide for the feature and also outlines some of the
changes you can expect to occur after upgrading a previous installation
of Satellite to version 5.1.

RHN Satellite: Best Practices for Multiple Organizations
https://rhn-satellite.108.redhat.com/wiki/images/a/ac/Satellite-51-multiorg-whitepaper.pdf

Parts of this document are based on the questions and feedback we've
received from many of you regarding the feature. We believe that this
document is much more useful than it would have been without your
feedback, so thank you for your help! :)

Thanks again,
~m