[rhn-users] Yum config - Syncs too often

Schäfer, Felix Felix.Schaefer at iul.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 1 14:28:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

Our servers regularly get kicked from the rhn update repositories, because they sync too often. I have narrowed down the problem to the SCM software we use, which runs every 20 minutes, and each time checks if certain packages are installed in their latest version. As far as i can tell, yum syncs each time with the repository, which get the servers kicked. I tried changing the "metadata_expire" in /etc/yum.conf to bigger values, but it didn't help either.

Anyone have any ideas how to configure yum so it won't sync with the repository each time it is run? Thanks,

Felix
Please notice our announcement of the 3rd International Conference on High Speed Forming (ICHSF 2008) on March, 11th - 12th 2008
For detailed information visit http://www.iul.uni-dortmund.de/ichsf08/

Bitte beachten Sie unsere Ankündigung der 3rd International Conference on High Speed Forming (ICHSF 2008) am 11. - 12.März 2008
Genaue Informationen entnehmen Sie bitte unserer Homepage http://www.iul.uni-dortmund.de/ichsf08/