[rhn-users] problem connection in local with account root

GanGan gangan at zalteam.com
Thu Jul 17 15:36:20 UTC 2008

 hello all

 I have problem for connect in local in my server rhel 5.1with the
root account
 all the connection with ssh are good, root too

 I use ldap for other account

 the root account is not in ldap

 my /etc/nsswitch.conf  passwd:     files [SUCCESS=return] ldap
 shadow:     files [SUCCESS=return] ldap
 group:      files [SUCCESS=return] ldap

 when I delete ldap in my nsswitch.conf the connection local with the
root account works well

  I have modified /etc/pam.d/sshd no other files in /etc/pam.d/

 my /etc/pam.d/sshd  auth        optional      pam_group.so
 auth        required      pam_env.so
 auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so likeauth
 auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
 auth        required      pam_deny.so
 auth        required      pam_warn.so
 account     sufficient    pam_unix.so
 account     sufficient    pam_ldap.so ignore_unknown_user
 account     required      pam_deny.so
 account     required      pam_warn.so
 password
 required      pam_cracklib.so retry=2 minlen=8
 password    sufficient    pam_unix.so use_authok md5 shadow
 password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_authok
 password    required      pam_deny.so
 password    required      pam_warn.so
 session     optional      pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=077
silent
 session     required      pam_limits.so
 session     optional      pam_ldap.so ignore_unknown_user
 session     required      pam_warn.so

  someone could help me

 - GanGan -