[rhn-users] Question - How to change RHN 30 day inactivity period for registered RH Linux systems?

Maria Meier mmeier at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 29 20:22:36 UTC 2008

Question about RHN usage:

We have several hundred RH Linux systems registered in the RHN facility
but use it infrequently since we are only required to install a few
patches within a year.

The problem we have is that our systems get automatically unregistered by
RHN after 30 days of no activity and then we have to enter them all over
again when we have a new required patch to install.

How can we extend the 30 day inactivity period or make it so that there is
no expiration for our registered systems?

Thanks in advance for help provided.