[rhn-users] Quick install-CD-boot-test request

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Tue Mar 4 15:49:23 UTC 2008

I'm seeing an issue using the "lowres" or "resolution=640x480" options
with the RH AS 5 install CD (I've tried the latest version as of this
date.)  If you're interested, try the following steps.  (The following
is copied from my open Redhat support ticket.)

Boot from Redhat AS 5 rhel-5-server-i386-disc1.iso file/cdrom.  At the
boot prompt enter "linux resolution=640x480".  Pass through the "media
test" screen.  At this point you should be provided with the initial
installation screen [1][2][3][4].  There are no visible buttons or
method to continue.  The 640x480 resolution is supposedly supported [5].

[1] http://swlxrpx1.swmed.edu/for-redhat-20080201.png
[2] http://swlxrpx1.swmed.edu/for-redhat-20080304-01.png
[3] http://swlxrpx1.swmed.edu/for-redhat-20080304-02.png
[4] http://swlxrpx1.swmed.edu/for-redhat-20080304-03.png
[5]
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Installation_Guide/ch-bootopts-x86.html

The question is, are you at a screen that shows you how to continue?
Just report your findings here.  Thanks.

Peter