[rhn-users] Trying to find glib packages for RHEL5 x86_64

Betül Demiröz demirozb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:07:14 UTC 2008

Hi

I have RHEL5 running on x86_64 machine, and I need the following packages
for the installation of IBM Cell Simulator, and here is  what  the
installation document says:
. For RHEL 5.1 cross compilation only (X86 and X86_64), you must build and
  install the compiler sysroot RPMs as described below. That is because
these
  RPMs cannot be provided by SDK and can only be built if you have a RHEL
  5.1 license. Follow these steps to build and install the sysroot
  on an X86 or X86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.1 system:

  Copy the following RHEL 5.1 PowerPC binary packages (from your PPC
      architecture RHEL 5.1 distribution medium, such as a CD) into the
      /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES directory:

     glibc-2.5-18.ppc.rpm
      glibc-2.5-18.ppc64.rpm
      glibc-devel-2.5-18.ppc.rpm
      glibc-devel-2.5-18.ppc64.rpm
      glibc-headers-2.5-18.ppc.rpm
      kernel-headers-2.6.18-52.el5.ppc.rpm
      gmp-4.1.4-10.el5.ppc.rpm
      gmp-4.1.4-10.el5.ppc64.rpm
      gmp-devel-4.1.4-10.el5.ppc.rpm
      gmp-devel-4.1.4-10.el5.ppc64.rpm

I searched for the following packages in the rhn, but I can not find them
anywhere.

* glibc-2.5-18.ppc64.rpm
* glibc-devel-2.5-18.ppc64.rpm
* kernel-headers-2.6.18-53.el5.ppc.rpm