[rhn-users] seeing boxes under the satellite on the hosted site

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 19:22:33 UTC 2008

Michael Barrett wrote:
> How do people reply to these postings?  I can only see the postings
> on read-only archive url.  I had to copy and paste it into my mailer.

Are you subscribed to the list? Do you have delivery turned on?

> So what you are saying is that it is not possible to see in one
> location a summary of all the hosts reporting to all the satellites.

You can see exactly such a summary in the Satellite web interface if the
clients are registered to your Satellite.

No, you cannot see a summary of hosts registered to a Satellite in the
rhn.redhat.com interface. What problem are you trying to solve by
wanting to do this?

One of the important reasons to install a Satellite server on site at an
organization is for privacy reasons. For the Satellite's registered
clients to appear on Red Hat's website would make it impossible to keep
your servers and details about them internal to your organization.

~m