[rhn-users] local satellite and 3rd party ssl certs/keys

J E jef_umd at umd.umich.edu
Tue Nov 25 17:11:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been poking around trying to find some good information about
using an external CA for our sat. server's certificates. However, so
far, I've been unable to turn up anything that really talks about it.
All documentation references managing your own CA, and using locally
generated certs.  I've looked at this: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/satellite/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite-5.1.0/html/Client_Configuration_Guide/index.html
  , as well as poked around the knowledgebase, but so far have turned
up nothing.

Am I missing something, or is this not something that is supported (or
even possible)? It's not critical that I do this, but using the same
CA for things makes my life easier when managing certs.

Thanks,

jef