[rhn-users] VMware appliance login

Mon Sep 1 16:47:37 UTC 2008

When you boot the system, do you see the Grub menu ? or do you see the
kernel select for a few seconds, before you're appliance boots ? if yes,
then you should be able to boot into single user mode, and change the
root password.

To boot in single user mode, you need to interup the grub boot sequence
(use the arrow down or up during the grub message), then you can edit
the kernel parameters (use the letter 'e'), then add a simply the letter
's' at the end of the line that starts by 'kernel'

You then boot in single user mode and can change the password of the
root account.

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Erik