[rhn-users] RE: Can't subscribe RHEL5 to Base Software Channel

Richard Onanian ronanian at annamaria.edu
Wed Apr 1 12:34:06 UTC 2009

Bump. Can anyone help?

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Richard Onanian
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:14 AM
To: 'rhn-users at redhat.com'
Subject: [rhn-users] Can't subscribe RHEL5 to Base Software Channel

I have two RHEL5 systems and a bunch of RHEL4/RHEL3 systems. The older systems are all subscribed to their appropriate Base Software Channel, but I can't get the RHEL5 systems subscribed. I am pretty sure that I have available entitlements and subscriptions and such.

When I go to the Software Channels page at
https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/systems/details/SystemChannels.do?sid= (SID deleted)
it says "None - disable this service" for the current Base Channel. I can choose the correct Base Channel ("Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 32-bit x86)") from the drop-down list, but when I submit my choice by clicking the "Modify Base Channel" button, it reloads the same page showing "None - disable this service" again, and the system remains not subscribed to a Base Channel.

A picture of the page, list, and button I'm talking about:
http://s5.tinypic.com/2chru3m.jpg
Choosing the base channel selected in that picture and clicking the "Modify Base Channel" just reloads the page with no action having been taken.

What am I doing wrong?