[rhn-users] RHN Website Questions

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 03:55:45 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm a user of my company's access to the RHN website.  I'm a new subscriber to
this list, as it seemed the
most appropriate one.  I've looked over the past 2 years of messages, sorted by
date and did not find
anything regarding my questions, or their answers.  Further, I've studied the RHN
documentation
(rhn.redhat.com/ rhn/help/reference/rhn500) without much success either towards
better answering my
questions.

Should there be a better place for me to address my questions, please direct me.
Thank you.

What resource can I leverage to become aware of changes to the web page content
of the RHN web pages
without having to manually walk through each web page and cross-reference with
our directory/file structure?
     I've access to our local master replicated copy of the ISO's from RHN for
which we are entitled to.  Our
     work with them is within a private isolated LAN.  The challenge is keeping
up with not just the new OS
     releases (we can anticipate those due to the publicity) but also all the
other elements.

It seems the five entries for MRG (under RHEL5 x32 and x64 bit) are total
duplicates of each other, down to
the MD5 sums.  If they are all, literally, the same, why not simply have one
comprehensive entry?

I do have other questions, some more detailed, but I'll hold off for now to see
if I'm in the right place.

Thank you.

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, VCP, USN(RET)