[rhn-users] Is RHN down now?

Peter C. Lai peter at simons-rock.edu
Tue Jan 20 21:58:21 UTC 2009

If you are running a large RH installation with (desktop client farm,
for example), might be useful to license a satellite server. It only
has to sync once for your installation and then have the clients sync
to it over the LAN. (basically the RH version of a WSUS server).

On 2009-01-20 04:54:52PM -0500, hike wrote:
> We haven't had any major issues.
>
> We run up2date in the middle of the night.
>
> All security-type updates (the most important for us) are usually applied
> before we receive the RH email.
>

> Remember, the Obamanation started today with all bandwidth going to the
> Inauguration and related stories.  The news said that cell phone cartage in
> DC and surrounding areas stopped because of the volumes.
>

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Harrison Phinizy -X (hphinizy - at Cisco) <
> hphinizy at cisco.com> wrote:
>
> > Agreed--horrible is putting it lightly... I am having serious concerns
> > about redhat's ability to service a critical aspect of their business model.
> >
> > My 2

Peter C. Lai                 | Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems Administrator        | 84 Alford Rd.
Information Technology Svcs. | Gt. Barrington, MA 01230 USA
peter AT simons-rock.edu     | (413) 528-7428