[rhn-users] Problems registering a Full Virtualized virtual machine

Peter C. Lai peter at simons-rock.edu
Tue Mar 31 15:20:13 UTC 2009

are the 2 domUs part of the same dom0? If the answer is "no" then it is
possible it's a dom0 issue (i.e. the dom0 isn't assigned a virtualization
entitltement and/or doesn't have the virtualization host packages installed).

On 2009-03-30 07:51:43PM -0300, Alba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to register in RHN a Full Virtualized Xen DomU.
> I can register it following the procedure in:
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-9933
>
> But it doesn't appear as a Virtual System in Systems -> Virtual
> Systems in RHN. It's register as a Dom0 instead of a DomU.
>
> It happens with one of two DomUs. I don't know what is the difference
> between them.
>
> I checked files in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/virt and everything seem to be ok.
>
> Where else could I check?
>
> The Dom0 and DomUs are RHEL5.3.
>
> Any help will be welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance

Peter C. Lai                 | Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems Administrator        | 84 Alford Rd.
Information Technology Svcs. | Gt. Barrington, MA 01230 USA
peter AT simons-rock.edu     | (413) 528-7428