[rhn-users] How to check RHEL 4 Registred or not in redhat

Steve Huff shuff at hmdc.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 14 15:13:29 UTC 2009

On 9/11/09 2:11 AM, sureshskja skja wrote:

>                 I want to know how to check if already is registred under redhat in REHL 4.Is there any command to check or in  which confiuration file I can idnetify whether it is registred or not?Please help me on this issue.

from `man rhn_register`:

FILES
        /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid
               The  digital  server  ID for this machine if the system
has been registered onto Red Hat Network.  This
               file does not exist otherwise.

if that file exists on a system, it's a pretty good bet that at least
once in the past it was successfully registered.

however, if the system was registered in the past and has now been
deleted, checking for the systemid file will not help you.  you might
try querying the RHN API; look at the system handler
(https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/apidoc/system/SystemHandler.jsp) and
consider using the getDetails or getEntitlements calls.

-steve

Steve Huff - Systems Administrator, HMDC - shuff at hmdc.harvard.edu