[rhn-users] Provide a security certificate.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:40:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Pennington, John
<penningt at uchastings.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just installed red-hat 5.2 and when I run the rhn_register I’m getting asked
> to provide a security certificate.
>
> I went to the red-hat site and found a script to generate  a certificate but
> that didn’t seem to work work and I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas on
> what I need to do next?

A couple of things come to mind. Make sure the local time on the box
is set correctly, that being too far out of whack can cause SSL
errors. Also check to make sure that /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date has
sslCACert (a) pointing at the right thing and (b) that the right thing
actually exists.

John