[rhn-users] Provide a security certificate.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 21:57:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Pennington, John
<penningt at uchastings.edu> wrote:
> Sorry wasn't thinking, When I run
>
> #rpm -V rhn-client-tools
>
> I get this:
>
> SM5....T c /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
> .......T   /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT

Curious why this has a changed time. And still curious if your
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date is properly configured. Can you show us the
contents of this file?

> When I am running rhn_register, I have specified /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT as the
> certificate when prompted for one.

You shouldn't have to tell it anything about a certificate here. Try
to figure out why it is asking and correct the underlying problem.
Perhaps it is time to just strace this and see what it is trying to
find before it asks you for the certificate?

John