[rhn-users] iso download using curl/wget

Sebastian Skracic sskracic at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 10:56:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:05:21AM +0100, Stanislav Polasek wrote:
> Hi. I'm having trouble to download ISOs from rhn.redhat.com using command line http client. Has anything changed in this area? It used to work for me, couple of month (maybe even year) ago, using either wget or curl. But now I keep getting 302 errors (moved temporarily).

  First, have you enclosed the URL in single/double quotes?

  The URLs that are generated expire 10 minutes after the page where
they are listed has been rendered.  Attempting to use the URLs after that
(even for eg. 'wget -c') yield 302 redirect to an error page.

  Having said all that, it's still very possible to use curl/wget to
download the content off RHN.

Sebastian Skracic   -  Red Hat  -   sskracic at redhat.com
GPG: 9D5B 2B87 908E 85B6 5D1E  3527 76B7 6594 08A5 A206