[rhn-users] RHN Hosted web session expires too quickly

daryl herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 3 19:09:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Felipe Massia wrote:

> I did the following:
>
> - installed the Greasemonkey add-on in Firefox
> - added the following user script:
>
> window.addEventListener(
>    'load',
>    function() { document.forms[0].submit(); },
>    true);
>
> - to the URL : https://www.redhat.com/wapps/sso/rhn/login.html?redirect=*
>
> Now every time the login page appears, it instantaneously log in (since I left my login+pass saved in FF secured by a master password).

Hi Felipe,

Clever idea!  Red Hat claims they will be fixing this either the end of
this month or next.  Why they waited so long is anybodies guess.  My
theories are that:

   1) Most red hater's run Fedora, so they don't see the constant broken
      behaviour of RHN hosted and errata application.
   2) Those that run RHEL have their own Satellite on their desk, so they
      don't see the constant broken behaviour of RHN hosted :)

daryl