[rhn-users] Big troubles with GLIBCXX_3.4.9

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Feb 24 05:42:13 UTC 2010

On 02/22/2010 10:38 PM, Francisco Arencibia Quesada wrote:
> Red hat is giving this error:
> ./squid: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
> (required by ./squid)
>
> I need the rpm package of glib_3.4.9 at once..Please I don't know where
> can I find it.....

For what it's worth, this mailing list does not support Red Hat
Enterprise Linux users, sysadmins or systems whatsoever. It is intended
for communication between users of the Red Hat Network. If you truly
believe that your Red Hat machine is at fault, and you have a support
subscription, please turn to the regular support channels
(https://rhn.redhat.com for example).

Either way, I'm just going to take a wild guess... for fun.

I bet this machine does not have squid nor glibc installed using the
packages provided through the regular Red Hat distribution channels.

How about you give us the output of the following commands:

rpm -qi squid glibc
rpm -qV squid glibc

Maybe, just maybe, we can tell you a little more based on that information.

-- Jeroen