[rhn-users] Unable to get updates from RHN

Miller, Stephen CTR USAF AFMC 526 ICBMSG/ENS Stephen.Miller at HILL.af.mil
Fri Jan 8 18:37:35 UTC 2010

I had the same issue.  I ran yum clean all as root and it seemed to fix
the issue for me.

Stephen Miller
Oracle DBA
Security+ Certified
"What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each
other."
                                    --George Eliot

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Goslin, Paul
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:04 AM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] Unable to get updates from RHN

For reasons unknown, Since 12/18, we've not been able to pull any
updates from RHN. I can login to RHN via web and see that updates are
available for our 3 registered servers (all are RHEL 5.3), yet when I
run yum check-update or run package updater (pup), it shows no updates
available ... How do we go about debugging this or getting it fixed ?
I've tried re-registering via rhn_register, but that seems to create
duplicate entries on RHN for the same machine !!

Regards,

Paul Goslin
/"\
\ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN