[rhn-users] Changes to RHN this weekend?

Cliff cperry at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 16:01:18 UTC 2010

Grob, Stephan wrote:
> rhn.redhat.com was down most of this past weekend. Now a tool that we
> use to download packages out of our channels is getting a 404 error. I
> suspect the maintenance performed changed the URL this tool uses to
> download packages. Does anyone have any specifics as to the maintenance
> performed this weekend? The tool I’m using is commercial software which
> is compiled so I can’t see exactly what URL it’s trying to use to
> download the packages. I suspect that this is the URL it’s trying to
> use:
> https://rhn.redhat.com

NOTE - I am not on the RHN team. This weekend an update to RHN did
indeed go out. Full details at their Release Notes:

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/help/release-notes/hosted/rhn520/rhn-release-notes-en.jsp

Lets hope this bug really is resolved :
# BZ# 482748 — Red Hat Network (RHN) Hosted website session times out
too quickly????

:)

In specific for you though, it seems that page url changed

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/packages/details/Overview.do?pid=

Most likely due to re-writing the page from perl (.pxt) to Java (.do).

I would suggest to point who ever wrote the software to use standard
API's (https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/apidoc/index.jsp) and not what I
assume to be screen scraping. If the RHN API does not meet their needs
you may find that Satellite's extensive API set does
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.3/API_Overview/html/index.html).

Regards,
Cliff

/network/software/packages/details.pxt?pid=<pkg