[rhn-users] LVM- LV snapshots size?

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Wed Nov 10 07:39:15 UTC 2010

Please direct this question either to an LVM specific list or at least the general red hat mailing list.  You have far more chance of getting a reply on such a list.  This list is reserved for topics concerning RHN.

I have no experience with this myself but I'd the space you need depends on the expected amount of changes made to the file system and the time you need the snapshot.  At least this is true for VMWare snapshots.  But as I said you'd better as someone who has experience with this on a different list.

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING 310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB