[rhn-users] Release Notes for RHN 6.0.0?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:39:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still no explanation/documentation of the new things in RHN 6.0.0 -
> this is getting frustrating now.
>
> Carrying on this conversation with myself is getting frustrating too.
> Can anyone loan me a TAM?

To be more specific I would really like to know what precisely the new
"Access Permissions" under "User Management" in the portal control.
These have the following labels and while some may be obvious some are
not obvious to me.

Customer Portal: Manage support cases
Customer Portal: View subscription information
Customer Portal: Access groups
Customer Portal: View knowledge
Customer Portal: Download middleware software & updates
Customer Portal: Manage Subscriptions

Adding this granularity I think is a wonderful thing and I would
really like to take advantage of it but without understanding better
what each of these limits access to I can't really take advantage of
it yet. So any information about this would be much appreciated.

One other suggestion if I may, when one gets redirected from RHN to
the portal for user management there doesn't seem to be any link to
return the user to RHN (which is likely where the user wants to go if
that is where the user came from). Adding a link back to RHN from this
page would be nice.

John