[rhn-users] [Errno 14] problem making ssl connection to cdn.redhat.com

daryl herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Mon May 14 19:03:51 UTC 2012

Howdy,

My laptop is registered to RHN hosted via the new subscription management
system.  Since around the beggining of the month, yum has been erroring
out with:

  https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/workstation/6/6Workstation/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
  [Errno 14] problem making ssl connection
  Trying other mirror.
  Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
  rhel-6-workstation-rpms. Please verify its path and try again

When I try that URL within my web browser, I get errors about the
certificiate not being trusted due to the CA not being trusted.

I attempted to uncheck the "Supports Location-Aware update access" via the
RHN hosted webUI, but it did not appear to help get me away from the CDN.

The browser reports that the SSL Cert is signed by CN 'Red Hat Entitlement
Operations Authority', so perhaps my yum is not aware of this authority,
shrug, (rpm -Va subscription-manager checks clean...)

Anybody kindly able to clue me into what I am doing wrong?

thanks!
   daryl