[rhos-list] keystone.conf unsafe LDAP passwords

Jonathan Mills jonmills at renci.org
Tue Aug 28 19:29:59 UTC 2012

In keystone.conf, if you are using the [LDAP] backend, you cannot use a
password with certain characters in it -- particularly $ or !

Nor have I found a way to escape them.  I've attempted putting the
password in single or double quotes.  I've also attempted escaping the
character inline with a backslash ( \ ).

I know for a fact this is a problem, because in the log, with debug
enabled, it says:

"keystone.openstack.common.cfg.NoSuchOptError: no such option: foRM3"

The characters foRM3 are four characters following a ! char in the
password I'm using.

--
Jonathan Mills
Systems Administrator