[rhos-list] Hooks/plugins in Openstack NOVA

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 15:35:25 UTC 2012

On 11/22/2012 02:42 AM, Kumar Vaibhav wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> Thanks a lot for the pointer. I think this will solve my problem.
>
> Sorry to trouble you more, but can you please direct me to some sample
> notification receiver.
>
> I know python but no nothing about this messaging system. So if you can
> give me a sample notification receiver I will adopt it to my needs.

Here is an example that I just tested out:

    https://gist.github.com/4195727

To enable notifications on a Folsom nova install, set this in
/etc/nova/nova.conf:

    notification_driver=nova.openstack.common.notifier.rabbit_notifier

Note that you may have to change 'nova' in the example code to
'openstack' depending on which version you use this code against.  There
was a regression where all messages were being sent to the 'openstack'
exchange instead of the 'nova' exchange.  There is a patch in the queue
to change it back to 'nova'.

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17234/

--
Russell Bryant