[rhos-list] Updated RHOS Folsom Preview Packages (2012.2.1 + OVS)

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 13:09:50 UTC 2012

On 12/12/2012 05:33 AM, Nux! wrote:
> On 12.12.2012 04:06, Perry Myers wrote:
>> Just wanted to pass along an update...
>
> That's great news, thanks!
> What will happen regarding namespace-enabled iputils? Right now this is
> the only important bit missing AFAIK.

Good point, and I should have added a note in my initial email about
this. :)

RHEL 6.4 doesn't have all of the patches in the kernel needed yet to
support network namespaces yet.  We are going to try to target including
this kernel support in RHEL 6.5.

The iputils userspace also needed to be updated, but this was less
problematic.  If the kernelspace support had been there, we would have
found a way to get the iputils userspace available to RHOS users.

So the short term (RHEL 6.4), namespace support will not be available
unfortunately.  But hopefully when RHEL 6.5 comes out this will be
rectified.

Hope that helps,

Perry