[rhos-list] woes with RHOS + Quantum + OVS

Daniel Dumitriu daniel at dumdan.com
Sat Nov 10 08:06:52 UTC 2012

Sorry, I cannot help with a suggestion.
Your post, however, is very interesting because you brought up Quantum.

Did you use the packages from "epel-testing" ? Did ou install the DHCP
agent, as well ?
How does Nova cooperate with Quantum ? Isn't there a conflict between
"dnsmaq" and  "quantum-dhcp" ?

I ran, more or less, into the same problems and I am determined to -
somehow - solve them. Frankly, the virtual network component is crucial
for building "real world configurations" in the cloud.

I do have an instance of libvirt running with OVS, (not on RHEL but on
SL 6.3, because this all happens on my personal systems, home, and I
haven't got that many RHEL private subscriptions) and all my working
environments are running on top of it.
That said, I must add that it is a total hack - I had to force libvirt
to work with OVS, literally.

I think that getting Quantum to work properly in OpenStack, with
libvirt/KVM should be the first development priority, if we are to
provision really isolated, multi-tenant, multi-layer configurations.

 (Of course, the second would be to stop naming the VMs "domains", in
libvirt :-)  ).

--
Daniel Dumitriu
daniel at dumdan.com