[rhos-list] how to install more compute nodes

Jacob Liberman jliberma at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 15:27:35 UTC 2013

On 04/11/2013 10:19 AM, Vogel Nicolas wrote:

> Thanks Jacob for this infos !
>
> I think I must also create keystonerc_admin and keystonerc_username
> file on my controller and source it on demand to make my install right?

it depends on how you make the changes

if you are using the command line tools then yes

if you are using packstack the keystonerc will be installed
automatically wherever you install the client tools

you can also download the user environment vars from the horizon dashboard

> Do I also have to modify or complete something on my controller node
> so that he knows about the new compute node?

no, just start the services on the compute node. it will add itself if
everything is configured correctly.

you can verify with "nova-manage service list"