[rhos-list] Updated RHOS Folsom Preview Packages

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 11:51:11 UTC 2013

The Red Hat OpenStack team has been hard at work, fixing bugs and making
things easier to use.

We've been both taking updates/patches from the upstream stable branches
for Folsom, as well as selectively backporting patches from Grizzly for
bug fixes that don't quite fit stable branch inclusion, but are
important for our customers.

We've pushed an update to the Red Hat external repositories (RHN and
CDN).  The errata for the updates are available here:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2013-0260.html
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2013-0253.html

The RHBA (bug advisory) covers updates to pretty much all of the core
OpenStack packages and a few dependency updates as well.

The RHSA (security advisory) is specifically for Keystone.

Take a look at each advisory to see the details of what changed with
this update.

And the documentation team has also been pushing many updates and
clarifications to our installation docs.  Please take a look:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_OpenStack_Preview/

One other thing to note (that some of you may have already run into), is
that the RHOS Folsom Preview requires RHEL 6.4.  Right now, the
documentation instructs you to use the RHEL 6.4 Beta channels available
from our content mirrors (RHN/CDN).  But since we are prepping to get
RHEL 6.4 GA out the door, these Beta repositories have been emptied out.

So for a short time (a week or so), we'll be a little stuck, as we won't
yet have 6.4 GA RPMs accessible, and we also lost the 6.4 Beta RPMs.

So just be patient, 6.4 GA should be just around the corner, and then
we'll be back in business.

And finally, as a reminder, if you find issues please let us know on
list here or feel free to file bugs on the public Red Hat OpenStack bug
tracker:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Red+Hat+OpenStack

Cheers, and happy hacking.

Perry