[rhos-list] two node configuration with packstack

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 16:53:27 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 11:32 AM, Aydin PAYKOC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up 2 node system with openstack.
>
> 1st server will be could control node where all the services
> except nova compute. 2nd server will run only nova.
>
> I am following "getting started guide" and everything
> went smoothly until now. I am about to start packstart
> interactive installation (chapter 6).
>
> I have installed RHEL 6.3 on the 2nd server but have not
> installed openstack. That system only has standart RHEL.
>
> Will it be enough or do I have to install everything on the 2nd
> server as well.

To run packstack, you just need a base RHEL install on each machine.  No
additional OpenStack packages are required.

Then on only one of those machines, you just need to install the
openstack-packstack RPM, create the config file, run packstack and it
takes care of the rest.

One note... RHOS Folsom Preview and Packstack will only work on RHEL
6.4.  There are dependencies that cannot be met by RHEL 6.3. so we had
to go with 6.4

Perry