[rhos-list] Virbr0 Interface.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 19:25:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 07:12:38PM +0000, Minton, Rich wrote:
> Is the virbr0 interface required and if not how do I get rid of it? It seems to spin up another dnsmasq process that interferes with VlanManger networks.

Just do

 virsh net-destroy default
 virsh net-autostart --disable default

> I have these libvirt components installed...
> libvirt-java-devel-0.4.9-1.el6.noarch
> libvirt-0.10.2-18.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-client-0.10.2-18.el6.x86_64
> virt-what-1.11-1.2.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-devel-0.10.2-18.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-python-0.10.2-18.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-java-0.4.9-1.el6.noarch
>
> Are they all required for kvm to work?

The libvirt-java package is not required for RHOS.

In future RHEL-7, the RPM split for libvirt will be more granular allowing
you to install only the minimal pieces required for KVM, skipping bits you
don't want like the virbr0 config.

Daniel