[rhos-list] Nova-manage command failure

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 03:44:08 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 03:21 PM, SAM GABRIEL wrote:
> I’m following the instructions in
> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_OpenStack/2/html/Getting_Started_Guide/chap-Deploying_Compute_Services.html
> (Chapter 11 of “Red Hat OpenStack Getting Started Guide, Getting Started
> with Red Hat OpenStack 2.0 (Folsom) Preview, Edition 1.0”). I am using
> Nova networking. My installation has proceeded without error up until
> the following command:
>
>     sudo nova-manage network create demonet 10.0.0.0/24 1 256
> --bridge=demonetbr0
>
> Which resulted in the following error message:
>
>     Command failed, please check log for more info
> 2013-03-01 11:55:55 CRITICAL nova
> [req-68875b1d-cd10-4e24-a55d-434ea7e6845f None None] 'vlan_start'

What version of openstack-nova do you have installed?

Assuming you haven't changed this option yourself, can you try adding
this line to the [DEFAULT] section of /etc/nova/nova.conf?

    network_manager = nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager

My guess is that you hit this because of a recent change we made to
configuration file handling and the version you have doesn't have the fix.

--
Russell Bryant