[rhos-list] issues with cinder and the nfs driver

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 22:12:29 UTC 2013

I seem to be having a weird issue with the cinder NFS driver.

for some reason its not calling sudo with rootwrapper to mount the nfs
filesystem

as a matter of fact it doesn't seem to be calling sudo at all

here is a sample of my config
"
[DEFAULT]
verbose = True
debug = True
#glance_port = 9292
#glance_api_servers = [\'glancevip01.example.domain:9292\']
sql_max_retries = 10
rpc_backend = cinder.openstack.common.rpc.impl_qpid
rootwrap_config = /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf
publish_errors = True
logdir = /var/log/cinder
auth_strategy = keystone
sql_connection = mysql://cinder:cinder@mysqlvip01.example.domain/cinder
api_paste_config = /etc/cinder/api-paste.ini
state_path = /var/lib/cinder
lock_path = /var/lib/cinder/tmp
#glance_host = glancevip01.example.domain
storage_availability_zone = nova
volume_driver = cinder.volume.nfs.NfsDriver
nfs_shares_config = /etc/cinder/nfs.conf
nfs_mount_point_base = /etc/cinder/volumes
volumes_dir = /etc/cinder/volumes
nfs_disk_util = df
nfs_sparsed_volumes = True

[keystone_authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
auth_host = keystonevip01.example.domain
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_user = cinder
admin_password = cinderpasswd
admin_tenant_name = service
memcache_servers =
testopenstack03.example.domain:11211,testopenstack04.example.domain:11211
"
here is the error im getting

"
DEBUG cinder.utils [] Running cmd (subprocess): mount.nfs execute
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/utils.py:163
DEBUG cinder.utils [] Result was 1 execute
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/utils.py:180
"
Now the reason I know neither sudo or cinder-rootwrapper are being
called first i noticed that the sudo attempts weren't showing up in
/var/log/secure,
then I backed up  cinder-rootwrapper and put a symlink to the logger
command in its place to see what would happen and nothing showed up in
/var/log/messages.
whats worse is I even tried setting root_helper to logger then
/usr/bin/logger and still nothing showed up in syslog.
Does any one have any ideas as to what might be wrong,