[rhos-list] RHOS running on VmWare - supported Use Case?

Daniel Dumitriu daniel at dumdan.com
Wed Mar 6 16:58:35 UTC 2013

Sorry, I am, obviously, not one of the *intended* recipients of such a
question.

Having seen it, though, I must confess I was puzzled, at first...

My familiarity with VMware's contribution to OpenStack is minimal.
Especially when it comes down to the Core OpenStack Components. We do
know, however, that ESX is a supported hypervisor.

This does mean we can have have Compute Nodes running ESX while all the
control infrastructure and other Core Components would be RHOS. We can,
of course, go as far as to admit all the non-physical nodes to be
running as VMware VMs.

Can anyone tell me what the business case could be, for such a setup ?
Besides the very valid one "that's what the client wants" !

==

Never mind, I just figured it out... What if you had a bunch of VMware
infrastructure and wanted to try things out before jumping in ? Besides,
this could smooth-out the transition to a mixed environment. Chances are
the client will be more at-ease with a smooth transition.

--
Daniel Dumitriu
daniel at dumdan.com
Telephone: +1-416-626-9345