[rhos-list] Problems after Update.

Minton, Rich rich.minton at lmco.com
Thu Mar 21 16:23:00 UTC 2013

I found the source of a couple of my problems...

The update wiped out my glance-api-paste.ini and glance-registry-paste.ini. Thank fully I had backups.

I still have instances that are in shutoff/shutdown mode. I was able to get them to back to "active" but then they  went to "shutoff" soon after. Here is the "nova show" for one of the instances.

+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Property                            | Value                                                                                    |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| OS-DCF:diskConfig                   | MANUAL                                                                                   |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:host                | uvslp-diu01os.lmdit.us.lmco.com                                                          |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:hypervisor_hostname | uvslp-diu01os.lmdit.us.lmco.com                                                          |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:instance_name       | instance-000000ea                                                                        |
| OS-EXT-STS:power_state              | 4                                                                                        |
| OS-EXT-STS:task_state               | None                                                                                     |
| OS-EXT-STS:vm_state                 | error                                                                                    |
| accessIPv4                          |                                                                                          |
| accessIPv6                          |                                                                                          |
| config_drive                        |                                                                                          |
| created                             | 2013-03-18T15:39:29Z                                                                     |
| fault                               | {u'message': u'IOError', u'code': 500, u'created': u'2013-03-21T16:17:12Z'}              |
| flavor                              | m1.medium (3)                                                                            |
| hostId                              | e55588f13411a788271d5273f0dabfa2eb755e0323dab51039dab866                                 |
| id                                  | a39787b8-2c66-4aaa-b154-42ec05c0e3c8                                                     |
| image                               | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, x86_64, Base Server (71c092f5-55de-4b3b-a9d9-4fcb25e15a89) |
| key_name                            | TestKeys                                                                                 |
| lmicc-access-nic network            | 10.10.16.11                                                                              |
| metadata                            | {}                                                                                       |
| name                                | demo                                                                                     |
| security_groups                     | [{u'name': u'default'}]                                                                  |
| status                              | ERROR                                                                                    |
| tenant_id                           | e4ba09fbf76c41a29218dc68cacf78d5                                                         |
| updated                             | 2013-03-21T16:17:12Z                                                                     |
| user_id                             | f015ea92bf4848a891b73ae2fbf6c75b                                                         |