[rhos-list] Nova-network woes (Vnc issue now)

Kashif Mohammad k.mohammad1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 22 23:51:15 UTC 2013

Hi Russell

>>Check to see if the VNC connection is getting blocked by iptables on your compute node

Thanks for pointing to the right direction. I opened  5900 ports and it started working

iptables -I INPUT 11 --proto tcp --dport 5900:5950 -j ACCEPT

It may be that I am missing something in my configuration so it didn't work by default.

Although one problem remain that I can not log in through dashboard as it is not accepting input from keyboard. It works through browser by getting novnc proxy.

Thanks for you help.

Kashif