Re: How do I extract files from and RPM package

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 Ivan_Watkins@tivoli.com wrote:

>Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:09:49 -0500
>From: Ivan_Watkins@tivoli.com
>To: rpm-list@redhat.com
>Subject: How do I extract files from and RPM package
>

>Is there a way to extract the files from an RPM package without installing
>the package?

Yes.  If you have midnight commander, you can enter an rpm with
it, and copy files from it or view them, etc.

>From the commandline use the rpm2cpio utility, and cpio to
extract the files to a dir.

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
Emacs is my operating system, and Linux its device driver.
  -- Bake Timmons