Re: find-requires script

Ricky Tang Siu Hong wrote :

> For some reason rpmbuild scripts do not generate the dependency I need
(and
> I don't want to strip binaries too).  It's for packaging something like a
> compiler.  So I do the following in spec file:
>
> %define __find_requires %{nil}
> %define __find_provides %{nil}
> %define __spec_install_post %{nil}
>

> This works for some time.  But when the problematic dynamic libraries are
> packed in sub package, seems that RPM still run the /usr/lib/rpm/find*
> script and generate a lot of dependency that I do not want.
>
> So is it a behaviour that we cannot change the find-* script by macro in
> subpackage?  Will it be fixed or any workaround?

Maybe what you're missing is this :

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0

It should then turn off rpm's internal dependency generator and fall back
to the find_provides and find_requires you defined above.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 0.63 0.34 0.23